Data Networks Technician 8/17/2016
Exeter Government Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Exeter is looking for a NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR for a position supporting United States Southern Command HQ in Doral, FL (Miami area). This is a long term opportunity; employees have the ability to remain on contract for 6+ years. Paid relocation to Doral is not available; candidates must be local or willing to relocate at their own expense. Upward mobility to more senior positions is possible based on qualifications and performance. The duties of the position are as follows:
Plans network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications.
* Plans network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications.
* Provides technical direction and engineering knowledge for communications activities including planning, designing, developing, testing, installing and maintaining large communications networks.
* Ensures that adequate and appropriate planning is provided to direct building architects and planners in building communications spaces and media pathways meet industry standards.
* Develops, operates, and maintains voice, video, and data communications systems.
* Provides complex engineering or analytical tasks and activities associated with one or more technical areas within the communications function.
* Ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
* Establishes data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables.
* Installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable treys, and alarm and fire-suppression systems.
* Establishing connections, programming features, establishing connections and integrations.
* Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment and alarms.
* Identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
* Develops and maintains network documentation.
* Troubleshoots and repairs outages.
* Testing network back-up procedures and updating documentation.
* U.S. Citizenship with a current Active Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret/ SCI - NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Associate s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field;
* 2+ years of experience in the field or related area
* TWO current technical certifications as outlined below NO EXCEPTIONS. Candidates should submit copies of certifications with their resumes.
* Previous SOUTHCOM IT experience
* 5+ years of Network Administration Experience
* Military veterans highly desired
Must meet DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical IAT Level II (IAT-II) certification requirements - CompTIA Security+ CE, or any of the other DoD approved IAT II baseline certifications listed at this link: http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx
ADDITIONALLY, Must have a current/valid technically relevant Computing Environment certification in a Cisco technology. Note that lower level Cisco certifications (i.e. CCNA) DO NOT meet this requirement.
COMPUTING ENVIRONMENT CERTIFICATION:
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), OR
* Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE).