Data Protection Engineer (MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE )
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Data Protection Engineer
Force 3 is currently searching for a Data Protection Engineer with experience designing and operating data protection solutions within a Virtualized Infrastructure (VMware) architecture using physical and virtual server hosting, off-site data replication, service level storage solutions and monitoring and managing backup solutions for the Enterprise Server Operations Center (ESOC) supporting large data centers for the Vanguard 2.2.1 program.
But first, who is Force 3* Force 3 is THE network security company. We provide infrastructure services to design, deploy, support and maintain our clients technology needs. This includes collaboration, compute and wireless.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
The Vanguard 2.2.1 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the customer s program. The IRM program enables the Department of State to successfully carry out its foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for data center services, desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, voice and data communications and other unique enterprise applications.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
* Provide onsite senior level engineering design and operations support to implement enterprise-level data protection solutions
* Operational readiness of all Backup servers and target storage devices
* Manage off-site data replication
* Maintain Service level storage solutions for Data Protection
* Monitoring and managing backup solutions
* Design and Operation to include: Virtual Machines (VM s), Databases, storage pools, disk volumes, client node data, disk maintenance, user management, and OS management pertinent to Data Protection
* Responsible for DoS ESOC data protection systems that includes EMC Avamar, Data Domain and RecoverPoint solutions as well as VMWare s SRM.
* Support Data Center migrations with Data Protection solutions
* Migration from legacy backup solutions (Tivoli)
* Support a rotational on-call posture after normal working hours in response to technical support requests.
* Occasional travel within the Washington DC Metro area to support various program initiatives
* Daily interactions with government clients related to meeting technical requirements for ESOC initiatives, and weekly reporting requirements
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* 5+ years experience w/ Bachelor s Degree
* Experience with Data Protection tools, architecture design and/or operations with progressive professional growth in duties and responsibilities is required
* Experience with information technology network design and/or operations with progressive professional growth in duties and responsibilities is required
* Experience with Windows 2008 operating systems and disk storage systems is required
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or Engineering preferred.
* Current experience as an Avamar engineer for a large data center implementation or equivalent.
* Familiarity with Data Domain, VMWare vSphere backup solutions including Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
* Previous experience with Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) is not a requirement, but would be considered a plus, Tivoli is the legacy backup software that will be phased out.
* Certifications for Data Protection or Backup tools
Force 3 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions and selected applicants will be subject to a background check and/or government security investigation.
As a Data Protection Engineer you will receive:
* Health, dental and vision coverage
* 15 days PTO (vacation and discretionary leave)
* Paid federal government holidays
* Training reimbursement
* Educational reimbursement
Force 3 is a Cisco Gold Partner, Cisco Master Security Specialization Partner, Cisco Master Unified Communications Specialization Partner, EMC Business Partner, VMware Premier Partner, Citrix Gold Solution Advisor, NetApp Platinum Partner, and Apple Value Added Reseller with offices in Crofton, MD and Herndon, VA.
Come join us and become the force behind Force 3!