Data Quality and Profiling Manager 8/23/2016
Bond Street Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Below, please find the job specs for our Data Quality & Profiling Manager position within our Risk Management Group.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS FOR THIS POSITION, IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:
Under guidance of the Data Management SVP:
* Develop Excel macros to run data quality checks against data dumps from various applications- for example 2052A, MUTBDB, Risk DB, Calypso, KYC, CallNavi, POLAR, etc.
* Create a cradle-to-grave mapping document (lineage) of different data elements (DEs) that are handed over from one application to another, as they are identified and defined by the Data Governance team.
* Identify key trends and metrics on data quality issues and report on them, on a monthly basis to the key stakeholders.
* With the assistance of the Data Governance team - Identify and document the data quality rules to be applied to each data element.
* Prepare profiling analysis with mean values, standard deviations and exception outliers of different data elements (DEs) as they are identified and defined by the Data Governance team.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION LEVEL, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONALITY TRAITS REQUIRED TO PERFORM IN THIS POSITION:
* Bachelor's Degree in any field.
* Advanced Skills in MS-Excel, ability to write macros, create pivot tables, manipulate data across multiple sheets, produce graphs etc. is mandatory.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, and the ability to present data/findings before senior level committee members.
* Knowledge of Banking & Financial Services Industry is desired.
* Programming skills with SQL, Visual Basic is desirable.
* 1-5years of suitable work experience.
* Prior experience working in the Banking & Financial Services Industry is a plus.
* Knowledge (and/or) Experience with Data Analytics desired.
* Ability to visualize data dump / content into tables, graphs, presentation is a huge plus for this role.