Data Science Architect 8/18/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DATA SCIENCE ARCHITECT - 1048
Mountain View, CA
An amazing opportunity to take a lead role as the sole Data Analytics expert for a leading software company. This position uses Big Data, high levels of artificial intelligence, and a deep understanding of how to architect. Utilizing a combination of math and engineering knowledge you will use your knowledge of the latest technologies to pull data analytics from an application database and to makes sense of a large amount of data to provide architecture, framework, components, and guidance to develop evolving and advancing products to a global engineering team.
Your keen insight into analytics will deliver the direction of our products by conducting an extensive analysis of rich data and providing the key direction to Engineering on what to develop.
The role will involve providing key thought leadership in developing our analytics roadmap. This is where you will apply your data science and analytical skill sets. The role will be directly responsible for operationalizing our analytics roadmap, mapping requirements to implementation, selecting technology and evaluating nonfunctional attributes. This is where you will apply your solutions engineering skills combining it with emerging big data technologies.
* Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science or relevant degree in Science or Mathematics
* At least 5years of Big Data and Analytics experience. Significant experience with a broad range of big data technologies, data algorithms involved in analytic solutions, predictive analytics and data modeling.
* A Software Engineering background is ideal, an understanding of Open Source technology is mandatory. Should have hands-on experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, MongoDB and Spark.
* Scripting language experience, ideally in Python or Matlab
* Experience building highly scalable systems
* Familiar with virtualization technologies and application
* A Masters Degree is a plus
* Experience in working with GIS or geospatial technology is a big plus
* Mobile Network Knowledge is highly beneficial
* Familiarity with programming a user interface and interactive visualization approaches is a plus
* Ability to travel up to 25%