Data Scientist/Applied Mathematician (OH)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAptima currently has an opening at its Dayton, Ohio location for a Data Scientist / Applied Mathematician who will develop and implement a variety of innovative computational modeling approaches geared toward measuring human performance and improving team effectiveness. This exciting opportunity will involve working closely with government and industry partners to conduct state-of-the art research and development. We are looking for a highly motivated professional with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a scientific research, engineering, or applied mathematics field.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Contribute to the design, development, and application of data mining, statistical analysis, social network analysis, language modeling, machine learning, modeling, and digital signal processing methods
* Collaborate with software engineers, within an agile development environment, to implement, test, and apply mathematical algorithms from research
* Ph.D. or Masters in a computational discipline (e.g., Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Physics).
* Expert-level proficiency with MATLAB, R, or similar mathematical and statistical languages and experience with corresponding toolboxes relevant to the position (e.g., signal processing, wavelet, etc.)
* In-depth understanding and hands-on experience developing and implementing advanced digital signal processing (DSP) techniques
* Moderate proficiency with object-oriented programming languages (e.g., Java, C#, C++)
* Understanding of machine learning techniques (e.g., Support Vector Machines, Artificial Neural Networks) and has experience using machine learning to build computational models from large data sets
* Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
* Ability/willingness to travel approximately 10% of time
* U.S. Citizenship
Any of the following would be a plus:
* Strong interest in working with human physiological signals such as EEG, ECG, EMG, and GSR
* Experience with techniques for parallel, distributed computing over big data
* Knowledge of software/data design methods, data structures, and modeling standards
* Experience collaborating with software engineers, and military personnel
* Journal and/or other refereed publications
* Current security clearance at the Secret level or above
Aptima will compensate applicants for any travel or relocation expenses to fill this position. All applicants must be willing to work onsite in Aptima's Dayton, Ohio office location, Monday through Friday (no telecommuting or compressed schedules).
All applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Aptima, Inc. participates in the US Government E-Verify Program. For more information, click on http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED