Data Scientist (Associate Manager)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Imagine your next position as a Data Scientist for a Fortune 200 Company with a rich tradition of success, built on a foundation of iconic brands, and state-of-the-art research and manufacturing facilities. At the Altria family of companies, we're not content with just maintaining the status quo. We're determined to leverage our resources toward true innovation; product innovation, process simplification, new ways of thinking and doing.
We have created an atmosphere where we are committed to personal development and achieving your career goals. This is your opportunity to unleash your potential, be a part of a passionate, committed, highly effective team and work on leading-edge products in a rapidly evolving space.
We are currently looking for a Consumer and Marketplace Insights Data Scientist at our headquarters in Richmond, VA.
The Data Scientist is to provide high quality complex data analytics and modeling to the Altria family of companies by leveraging best in class techniques and supporting the exploration and development of innovative and cutting edge tools. This individual will be responsible for the entire analytical process- from outlining the type of solution through method design to implementation and interpretation of results.
The talent individual we seek will be a critical resource in helping define business direction and strategy and requires expertise on key research topics such as marketing science models, forecasting, data mining and advanced analytics that lead to actionable consumer insights that support the Operating Companies.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT ALTRIA:
* Develop and continually improve sophisticated pricing, promotion and assortment tools that will provide a competitive advantage to Altria
* Work with stakeholders to gather input, ensure the practicality of application, aid in strategic interpretation of analysis and make recommendations to inform operating company decision making
* Provide forecasting, consumer behavior modeling and advance analytics of large internal and third party databases
* Provide subject matter expertise to cross functional teams and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure sound statistical practices are applied to advanced analytical projects.
* Provide direction to external analytics partners, quickly and efficiently, based on ongoing and emerging business priorities.
* Own and drive model development and drive towards higher levels of sophistication, while balancing priorities in a fast paced, deadline-oriented department.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
* An advanced degree in Quantitative Methods, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Marketing Science or related fields.
* 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience (Background in CPG or consulting role in a corporate setting side a plus)
* Adept in handling and analyzing data in a variety of forms, e.g., multi-card, ASCII, R, Python, SAS and SPSS.
* Strong advanced analytical capabilities such as forecasting, regression analysis, multivariate techniques, choice modeling, clustering and segmentation and structural equations.
* Advanced knowledge of optimization and simulation techniques including linear, nonlinear and integer programming, heuristic and search-based optimization is required; familiarity with statistical modeling and machine learning techniques is plus.
* Scientific approach to advanced analytics with the capability to deliver insights at a pragmatic level required by business.
* Distinctive oral and written communications skills and ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy to understand way.
* Intellectual curiosity and creativity in approach and mindset.
* Collaborative working manner in a team-oriented environment.
The Altria Family of Companies includes Philip Morris USA, US Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton, Nu Mark and more. Our mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Our core brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black and Mild and MarkTen. Altria Client Services' role is to provide high quality services to the Altria family of companies. We are committed to true innovation, process simplification, diversity and inclusion, and rewarding our employees with strong benefits.
Our benefits include:
* Competitive salary with annual incentive compensation target
* Medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees, spouses or domestic partners and eligible dependents
* Deferred Profit Sharing Plan that includes options for personal contributions and company match as well as additional company contributions
* A minimum of 3 weeks of vacation, 14 paid holidays and vacation purchase option
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.