This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRoles and Responsibilities
* Supports the lines of business with clear and insightful analyses of available data. This includes data mining, advanced modeling techniques, testing and creating and explaining results in clear and concise reports.
* Liaise with key stakeholders in understanding and identifying the business requirements and needs.
* Developing and implementing advanced analytics approaches including statistical modeling, machine learning algorithms, text mining, web analytics etc. to answer business questions and drive actionable insights.
* Work with very large data sets (both structured and unstructured) and design, develop and implement R&D and pre-product prototype solutions.
* Perform Data cleansing/transformation, feature engineering, apply statistical analysis, data visualization, data mining.
* Use business acumen to understand what drives the organization, which factors influence strategy and how the data can contribute to the success of the strategy.
* Design and develop algorithms and define path to implementation with IT teams.
* Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for model development, model validation, model implementation and large scale data analysis.
* Communicate analytical results in a way that is meaningful for business stakeholders and provides actionable insights.
* Provide thought-leadership and oversee execution of diverse projects.
* Have the ability to discover new opportunities where advanced analytical techniques can be leveraged for solving business problems.
* Identify emergent trends and opportunities for future business growth and development
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
* 1-3 years experience
* Masters Degree in Statistics or related field; prefer a PHD
* Excellent understanding of machine learning and data mining techniques and algorithms
* Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
* Proficient with Statistics and Quantitative Analysis
* Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
* Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
* Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Elastic Search, MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, HBase,
* Great applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
* Good scripting and programming skills in Python, Perl, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
* Capability of analytics tools like R, SAS, SPSS preferred
* Capability of Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, ClickView, etc. preferred
* Relevant experience in Big Data platforms like Hadoop and its eco-system
* Data-oriented personality
* Great communication skills.