This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 3/14/2017
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
BCG Gamma is seeking highly skilled, creative, and driven Data Scientist to design and build breakthrough approaches and solutions for our clients.
Our ideal Data Scientist is an accomplished expert with deep technical credibility and implementation skills he/she designs, prototypes, develops, and fields predictive models and analytical approaches that power a critical business function. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated ability to manage projects, provide thought leadership and act as an autonomous member of a BCG case team. Strong communication and presence, collaboration, leadership skills, and ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization are key success factors.
The Data Scientist will also proactively work with Gamma senior leadership to explore new analytics opportunities and grow Gamma's portfolio of proprietary content. He/she will support the creation of proposal / selling documents and provide perspective on relevant analytics value propositions.
The work environment is fast-paced, intellectually intense, and service-oriented. We are looking for professionals in Los Angeles or San Francisco.
We are seeking a strong candidate with advanced analytics experience to fill an exciting Data Scientist (DS) position within BCG Gamma. The DS is a valuable expert in Data Science and Analytics and will design and build analytics methodologies, solutions, and products to deliver value to BCG's clients in collaboration with case teams. Exceptional candidates will also show an analytical curiosity, going beyond the immediate requirements of the project to find deep insights that others have missed. They will ask questions about outliers, seek to understand the fundamental drivers of advantage and look for clues that may change the basis of competition.
As a Data Scientist you design and build analytics solutions for our clients where data and analytics are at the heart of the question. The team interaction centers on use of statistical programs and others tools to conduct intensive analysis of objective data and open discussion, complemented by objective research into the competitive environment. Responsibilities / duties to include: understand problems from the client s point of view, build and execute solid analytics work plans, gather and organize large and complex data assets, perform relevant analyses (data exploration and statistical modeling), manage priorities and deadlines, foster teamwork in interactions, develop client relationships with client counterparts, and communicate hypotheses and findings in a structured way.
As the field of advanced analytics is rapidly evolving, the DS is responsible for staying current on leading-edge business applications, tools and approaches, proactively working with the Analytics Leadership to enhance offerings that deliver competitive advantage to BCG.
Basic Job Requirements
Strong primary expertise as data engineer or data scientist, with the ability to stretch beyond one s core field of expertise. Successful candidates share the following requirements:
* PhD or MA/MS + 2-5 years relevant experience as a strong contributor on a data science team
* Relevant degree in Statistics, Math / Applied Math, Geo and special analysis, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics or Quantitative Finance
* Domain expertise in at least one analytics function: attribution, segmentation, response modeling, churn, propensity, customer LTV, supply chain / logistics, geospatial inference, recommender systems, causal inference, forecasting, pricing, NLP or image processing
* Proficiency in a core programming language, such as: Python, C/C++, Scala, Java, Ruby
* Proficiency in R, particularly to prototype mathematical models
* Proficiency with SQL and/or NoSQL
* Proficiency with Tableau, R-Shiny /or other data visualization tools
* Ability to scope and define data sets needed for specific use cases and identifying data gaps
* Ability to translate scientific insights into product decisions and work streams
* Flexibility to handle directional changes and moving priorities to ensure project success
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong client management skills ability to lead and persuade, positive energy, relentless focus on business impact
* Travel expected 40-70% of time
To learn more about BCG Gamma please visit:
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 3079BR