Data Scientist, Natural Language Processing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Data Scientist, to join us in any major US city with a KPMG office.
- Utilize statistical natural language processing to mine unstructured data, and create insights; analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses
- Build document clustering, topic analysis, text classification, named entity recognition, sentiment analysis, and part-of-speech tagging methods for unstructured and semi-structured data
- Cluster and analyze large amounts of user generated content and process data in large-scale environments using Amazon EC2, Storm, Hadoop and Spark
- Develop and perform text classification using methods such as logistic regression, decision trees, support vector machines and maximum entropy classifiers
- Develop methods to support and drive client engagements focused on Big Data and Advanced Business Analytics, in diverse domains such as product development, marketing research, public policy, optimization, and risk management; Communicate results and educate others through reports and presentations
- Perform text mining, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns
- Six years of professional experience working in Natural Language Processing or related field
- Experience with command-line scripting, data structures and algorithms and ability to work in a Linux environment, processing large amounts of data in a cloud environment
- Masters degree or PhD from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics, Operations Research, or related fields (strong mathematical/statis background with ability to understand algorithms and methods from a mathematical viewpoint and an intuitive viewpoint)
- Strong data extraction and processing, using MapReduce, Pig, and/or Hive preferred
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .