Data Scientist, Operations 9/8/2016
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
BCG Gamma designs and builds powerful analytics-based solutions designed to help our clients tackle their most pressing business problems. We are an interdisciplinary advanced analytics office composed of data scientists and BCG consultants, collectively delivering a unique combination of domain expertise, analytics know-how, and leading technologies. Our teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through tools and apps, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions. Gamma is a global office, working with clients in every BCG region and in every industry area. The team partners with BCG practices, including Operations and Marketing, Sales, and Pricing. Gamma is a core member of a rapidly growing analytics enterprise at BCG a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology.
BCG Gamma is seeking highly skilled, creative, and driven Data Scientist, Operations to design and build breakthrough approaches and solutions for our clients.
Our ideal Data Scientist, Operations is an accomplished expert with deep technical credibility and implementation skills he/she designs, prototypes, develops, and fields predictive models and analytical approaches that power a critical business function. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated ability to manage projects, provide thought leadership and act as an autonomous member of a BCG case team. Strong communication and presence, collaboration, leadership skills, and ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization are key success factors. Further, this Data Scientist, Operations should have experience working with supply chain and optimizing operational logistics.
The work environment is fast-paced, intellectually intense, and service-oriented. We are looking for professionals in Los Angeles or San Francisco.
The Data Scientist, Operations will also proactively work with Gamma senior leadership to explore new analytics opportunities and grow Gamma's portfolio of proprietary content. He/she will support the creation of proposal / selling documents and provide perspective on relevant analytics value propositions.
Basic Job Requirements
* Strong primary expertise as data engineer or data scientist, with the ability to stretch beyond one s core field of expertise. Successful candidates share the following requirements:
* PhD or MA/MS + 2-5 years relevant experience as a strong contributor on a data science team
* Relevant degree in Statistics, Math / Applied Math, Geo and special analysis, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics or Quantitative Finance
* Domain expertise in at least one analytics function: attribution, segmentation, response modeling, churn, propensity, customer LTV, supply chain / logistics, geospatial inference, recommender systems, causal inference, forecasting, pricing, NLP or image processing
* Proficiency in a core programming language, such as: Python, C/C++, Scala, Java, Ruby
* Proficiency in R, particularly to prototype mathematical models
* Proficiency with SQL and/or NoSQL
* Proficiency with Tableau, R-Shiny /or other data visualization tools
* Ability to scope and define data sets needed for specific use cases and identifying data gaps
* Ability to translate scientific insights into product decisions and work streams
* Flexibility to handle directional changes and moving priorities to ensure project success
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong client management skills ability to lead and persuade, positive energy, relentless focus on business impact
* Travel expected 40-70% of time
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 3107BR