Data Scientist/Software Engineer (DC) 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Aptima is a fast-paced, employee-focused small business that excels in finding solutions to complex problems in human-centered engineering. Aptima currently has openings for experienced, creative data scientists to help develop big-data applications in the DC Metro area. In this position you will:
* Contribute to the design, development, and application of data mining, statistical analysis, machine learning, modeling, and digital signal processing methods
* Collaborate with software engineers to implement, test, and apply mathematical algorithms from research
* Business development, proposal writing, project management, and customer interaction
* PhD graduates or Masters in applied mathematical modeling discipline
* Experience collaborating with software engineers, mathematicians, and military personnel
* Experience working with Department of Defense and other government agencies
* U.S. citizenship
The ideal candidate will have experience and proficiency in all of the following:
* Knowledge of problem analysis, mathematical formulation, algorithm development, and model implementation & analysis
* Understanding of machine learning techniques (e.g., Support Vector Machines, Artificial Neural Networks) and has experience using machine learning to build computational models from large data sets
* Knowledge of software/data design methods, data structures, and modeling standards
* Experience in processing "big data" using parallel, distributed computing techniques such as Hadoop Framework and Spark
* Software engineering experience implementing and coding complex algorithms and models in an Object Oriented Language (C++, C#, Java or Scala)
* Strong Proficiency in Python or R
* Excellent written and oral communication
All applicants must be willing to work onsite at a customer site in the DC metro area, Monday through Friday (no telecommuting or compressed schedules).
All applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Aptima, Inc. participates in the US Government E-Verify Program. For more information, click on http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED