Data Support Analyst 1614
LMI - Mechanicsburg, PA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
This is a management consulting position with a firm specializing in improving the management of the public sector. The position will provide analytical and functional logistics support services in the development of actions, processes, and policies related to distribution initiatives, programs, and strategic planning for a public sector client.
Principal duties and responsibilities include the following: (1) Support project teams analyzing distribution in government organizations such as the Department of Defense; (2) Support project teams that are enhancing or re-designing supply chains, including the transition from legacy software to enterprise resource planning software; (3) Support project teams that are maintaining, enhancing, and querying large-scale, in-house logistics databases; (4) Assist in the preparation of client deliverables, including written reports and oral presentations.
The ideal candidate will work well in a collaborative team environment and bring experience in logistics and supply chain management and modernization, including warehousing, transportation, and supply chain information technology. Desired skills include the ability to quickly learn new environments while bringing past expertise to bear.
This work is contingent upon award of contract and is located in central PA.
A bachelor’s degree in information technology, systems development, business systems, or a related discipline is required. A minimum of 2 years experience providing expert technical support to integrate best industry practices and implement new technologies, methods, and processes is required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in data query, including SAS and SQL Software knowledge.
- SAS and SQL programming skills to automate routine reports.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Military inventory control experience.
- Ability to work with internal and external contacts to identify and resolve discrepancies with data.
- A thorough knowledge of the relationships between databases and how to merge data from multiple sources; experience manipulating data from various databases.
- A thorough understanding of DoD data systems and DoD logistics.
A current DoD Secret clearance is required.