Data Warehouse Developer 8/23/2016
Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join a small, dynamic data-warehouse (DWH) team responsible for architecting/dev/deployment/monitoring-control of DWH and Data Mart thru BI reporting.
* Primary role to develop/deploy code - some ETL SSIS/agent jobs (w/ monitoring), production SPs for data mart; some BI SPs (minor focus) and SSRS
* managing the DWH-SQL-Server instance on a daily basis (in conjunction with a DBA/infrastructure team) - ensuring auditable/recoverable data loads, monitoring database performance
* DBA-planning/design focus- not tactical administration
* focus on architecting/design and the above noted skills
* supporting others with documenting of business requirements and specs for DWH/data mart and reporting.
* Suggest improvements to DWH; Deploy best practices in ETL scaleability/reliability, data quality monitoring.
* a strong desire/sense of ownership in creating quality data for users, i.e. ETL jobs to protect against ingesting problematic exception data, ID/solving data issues (e.g. customer dups/splits, null handling), restructuring of operational data.
* Acumen to ID data/business issues, root causes, and solutions.
* Decent writing skills to follow a 'document as you go' approach, e.g. write bulletized code overview + well-commented code
* Either 2+ years working with MS SQL Server, T-SQL/procedural/dynamic SQL, scripting, Integration Services
* Expert SSIS/agent job dev using Visual Studio. SSRS can be learned on the job. Excellent coding/diagnostic skills
* Experience with star schema; restructuring/fact-dimming of data
* Either relevant degree (BS/MS) (e.g Computer Science, MIS), or if no degree, then strong mastery of the structure / inter-relationships of DWH topics normally learned from formal IT training
* Desirable: Familiarity with Progress Open Edge Database (source system), .Net, and BI tools, BIML.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.