Data Warehousing Report Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Data Warehousing Report Architect
Data Warehousing Report Architect K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K a great place to work.
The Report Architect works as a key member of the data warehouse report development and ETL team. This is a hands on position. This individual will use proven knowledge of OBIEE reporting tools to develop reporting structures as required. Must possess excellent communication skills to be able to get in front of customers and translate their practical problems to technical solutions. He/she will partner with management to create well defined solutions that are aligned to IT strategy and leverage enterprise solutions to meet overall project goals. The incumbent collaborates with a cross-functional team including Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) & Report Developers, Business & Data Analysts, Solution Architects, Project Managers, Quality Assurance Engineers, Database Administrators, Business Analysts, Product Owners & Business Users, to deliver end-to-end reporting solutions for K12 s customers.
AS A DATA WAREHOUSE REPORTING ARCHITECT YOU WILL . . .
* Design and develop reporting products using OBIEE (BI Answers & BI publisher), SQL, PL/SQL and ETL tools preferably ODI; work collaboratively with developers to accomplish project goals;
* Design, develop, and implement data models for enterprise level applications and systems. These models shall be architected at the following layers: conceptual, logical, presentation.
* Act as a resource for users and team members to solve reporting questions, problems and new change requests. This individual will act as the primary advocate of data modeling methodologies within OBIEE and data processing best practices. Will be working closely with business to gather requirements, designing and rolling BI solutions to end users. Examine and evaluate reporting requirements for various business units across the organization.
* Ability to Optimize SQL, PL/SQL, ETL code and database objects to ensure solid performance and uptime for production reporting systems and products;
* Ability to effectively analyze existing legacy reporting solutions in order to migrated and implement futuristic data warehouse reporting solutions in OBIEE using the data security features of the platform
* Ability to manage OBIEE Administration and provide recommendation on timely patches and upgrades.
* Able to produce technical design documentation;
* Able to Design dimensional models for existing and new Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) source systems;
* Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), data analysis and troubleshooting for existing products;
* Participate in meetings with executives and business sponsors to discuss project status and activities.
* Participate in project code development, troubleshooting and enhancement in collaboration with development team members, where required
RIGHT FOR YOU*
* Do you communicate well*
* Can you build customer confidence*
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
* Is your manner honest and straightforward*
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
* Do you value others' opinions*
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field AND
* Ten (10) years of data warehouse report development experience using BI Tools INCLUDING eight (8) years of complex SQL reporting experience, four (4) years in OBIEE AND two (2) years with ETL Tools preferably ODI AND
* One (1) years of experience with tools like Hyperion, OBI-A preferable
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience working with large reporting migration projects from home grown reporting tools or BI tools to OBIEE platform with enabled data security features is a huge plus
* Experience with data warehouse and ETL design patterns and concepts (e.g., SCDs, surrogate keys)
* Experience designing dimensional data models
* Very strong communication skills-- comfort interacting regularly with customers and corporate management.
* Ability to work independently and assume full responsibility for delivering projects on time
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, establishing and maintaining strong relationships with peers and with management outside of the department
* Ability to pass required background check
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend