Data Warehousing Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHO WE ARE
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service and innovation. For more than 100 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.(R) With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is the clear leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset, and we strive to attract, hire and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
* Individual worth and integrity
* Excellence in execution
* Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
* Customer focus and partnership
The Data Warehouse Specialist will support the warehouse design, architecture, and implementation/integration efforts, including data sourcing, transformation and reporting.
The specialist will leverage knowledge of current data warehouse and software development methodologies to contribute to the overall planning of projects by recommending approaches, identifying resources, and developing timelines. Primary responsibility will be support of the data architecture that extracts/transforms/loads (ETL) data from disparate sources to test and production databases along with maintaining/extending the various data models. Responsibilities will also include secondary database administration for Oracle and SQL Server databases. Another key responsibility will be report development using various tool sets such as Cognos, SSRS, and OBIEE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop, test, migrate, document, and maintain databases, applications, stored procedures, and associated reports and forms.
* Translate business needs into analytics/reporting requirements, and interface with stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of client reporting solutions.
* Provide ongoing development and maintenance of an operational data store and enterprise data warehouse using BI best practices, relational structures, dimensional data modeling, structured query language skills, data warehouse and reporting techniques.
* Design, develop, and maintain Extract Transform Load (ETL) solutions for integrating multiple source system data into a single store. Work with ETL tools, such as Informatica.
* Improve and streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
* Create data dictionaries and assist in developing metadata standards and reference tables for databases.
* Provide ongoing development and maintenance of a business intelligencearchitecture that enables fact based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation
* Ensure accuracy & integrity of data & applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation & problem resolution.
* Provide technical support for database creation, modification, testing, administration, monitoring, tuning, backup, and recovery.
* Analyze & translate functional specifications & change requests into technical specifications.
* Other duties may be assigned.
This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field and a minimum of three years of systems analysis, software configuration/implementation, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
* Basic experience with ETL tools (e.g. Informatica) and ETL development
* Basic experience with SQL
* Basic database experience (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle)
* Basic experience with report development (e.g. Cognos, SSRS, or OBIEE)
* Basic experience with performing data modeling and applying the modeling to IT solutions
* Basic experience writing stored procedures and complex queries
* Basic experience developing solutions utilizing architectures
* Basic experience with advising logical data design
* Basic experience with analyzing client needs, requirements and expectations
* Basic experience with Data Prep Tools (e.g. DataWatch)
* Basic experience with Toad for Oracle
* Basic knowledge of ERP/Accounting software (e.g. JDE)
* Basic knowledge of the death care industry/business practices
* Basic knowledge of Data Vault 2.0
Employee must be able to travel