Data Wrangler 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Cambrian Data Wrangler
Data Strategy and Execution - Career
Data sits at the center of all information products and analytics solutions delivered by Equifax. The Cambrian Data Wrangler will be tasked with ensuring the Equifax Big Data environment is positioned to develop new insights that leverage Equifax differentiated data assets.
This person will develop a deep understanding of the analytical need and leverage knowledge of Equifax data assets, big data technologies, keying and linking concepts to analyze data to create insights.
The individual will interact with all levels of people including Data Stewards, Analytics professionals, IT, Sales and Customers. A key responsibility is to support the transition of data and analytical applications and processes from Equifax's existing analytical systems to Cambrian.
This individual must have a solid educational foundation and ability to balance delivery of near-term results that are aligned with the long-term vision and roadmap. The individual must be detail-oriented and a fast learner in order to work with all Equifax's major data assets and a rapidly changing technology environment.
* Lead and execute activities to support all aspects bringing new data sources into Cambrian. Collaborate extensively with Technology to design data ingestion, data models and automated operational metrics for consistent high quality data loading to Cambrian.
* Develop strategies, standards and best practices in the areas of data wrangling, data visualization and data integration and lead adoption throughout Cambrian
* Ensure quality, coverage and accuracy of data in the Cambrian by performing analysis to measure quality of data. Validate data quality content in conjunction with respective data stewards by developing reports and tools to monitor and visualize data.
* Analyze new sources of data to quantify quality, uniqueness, coverage and overlap with Equifax sources.
* Perform analysis and integrate Equifax, customer data and third party data to solve unique analytical solutions.
* Develop and Collaborate extensively with Data, Analytics, and Technology leads to ensure the seamless consumption of insights generated from Equifax's new big data analytical platform.
* Stay current with rapidly developing Big Data technologies landscape and share knowledge with internally and with customers. Prototype and integrate tools into Cambrian environment and lead adoption of tools through Data and Analytics.
* Ensure proper use of Equifax data assets by working closely with data governance and compliance professionals.
* Strong data analysis skills including skills to rapidly learn new data assets. Knowledge of Equifax's differentiated data assets and technology delivery platforms or equivalent industry experience is a plus.
* Database and Data Analysis technology skills and experience required: SAS, R, SQL. Big Data experience with Hadoop technologies is a plus.
* 5years of experience and strong knowledge of Data Visualization concepts and experience with tools such as Tibco Spotfire or Tableau.
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent quantitative field with heavy emphasis on programming required.
* Excellent communication skills to lead training and adoption of new tools and technologies.
* Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving.
* Excellent collaboration skills with proactive approach to sharing knowledge with peers and cross functional teams.
* Creative and nimble with ability to overcome obstacles to solve the hardest problems
* Flexible and responsive with ability to adapt to rapid change in direction or business priority
* Limited domestic and international travel is possible.