Data and Insight Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Cotiviti USA, LLC
The Data & Insight Analyst is responsible for architecting and developing best-in-class and innovative analytics and reporting solutions. This role will have responsibility for establishing, running, and sustaining processes and practices that support Big Data, Analytics, and Reporting solutions and applications in an Open Source environment. The Data & Insight Analyst should have a passion for data, working with business people, and creating solutions and driving innovation with a keen interest in mentoring and elevating other technical resources. This role will spend time working independently and as part of a team and will focus on specific deadlines in an Agile development process as defined by the management team.
* Architect and hands-on development of Analytics and Reporting solutions
* Implementing and configuring reporting technologies like JasperSoft and Business Objects
* Proficient with SQL for databases like Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MySQL
* Architect, design, build and integrate solutions using Hadoop and other open source tools like: Pig, Hive, Python, Groovy, etc. This also includes redesigning existing reports for enhanced utility and usability.
* Managing the day-to-day activities of the Insights Delivery Unit that s tasked with ad-hoc reporting from our Hadoop environment.
* Drive automation capabilities into reporting solutions
* Establish credibility and strong working relationship with development teams to review design and code for adherence to established standards and best practices
* Deliver using an Agile development process
* Maintain our repository and other relevant documentation
* Consulting skills strong enough to work with clients on their reporting needs
* 2+ years experience in advanced analytics
* 2+ years as a consultant
* 2 5 years experience in a data architecture role with deep understanding of architecture principles & best practices
* Experience in analytics environments
* Experience with multiple scripting languages (Groovy, Python, etc.)
* Experience with SQL syntax for multiple databases (e.g., standard SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
* Experience in Agile environment
* After hours / weekend work required where necessary for major deliverables / deadlines (not consistent)
* Must have flexibility and willingness to participate in the work processes of an international organization, including conference calls scheduled to accommodate global time zones.
* Able to quickly learn new data centric technologies (e.g., Pig, Hive, HBase)
* Familiarity with data warehousing concepts
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Organizational skills
* Desire and capacity to learn new concepts and software
* Artistic eye capable of producing attractive, easy to use reports and analyses
* Strong analytical and problem solving ability
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
* Professional with ability to properly handle confidential information
* Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work within a matrix organization
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* Cotiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, mental or physical disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation..
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.