Data and Performance Analytics Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTravelport is a leading travel commerce marketplace providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions to the USD 7 trillion global travel and tourism industry. The Travelport platform aggregates travel content from providers, enabling them to sell their products and services their way to travel agencies and corporations; 400 airlines, 600,000+ hotel properties, 35,000 car rental locations, 55 cruise and tour operators and 12 major rail networks are present on our platform. This results in 900 billion transactions a year made through our systems, creating real added-value to everyone in the travel supply chain.
Travelport has a presence in over 170 countries, 3,400 full time employees and 1,100 employees in partnership colleagues. In 2013 our net revenue was $2.1 billion. Travelport listed on the New York Stock Exchange under TVPT .
The Hospitality line of business within Travelport is one of three revenue generating lines of business (others are Travel Agency and Air). Its remit spans from securing distribution deals with major hotel, car chains and ground transportation companies all the way through to ensuring that our travel agent and corporate customers book our products. In addition, the Hospitality team is fully responsible for Travelport s Digital Media business (i.e. the distribution of travel advertising to our travel agents) and Hotelzon.com, our corporate booking tool.
The Hospitality line of business is considered one of Travelport s key growth drivers over the coming years. As a result of this and the phenomenal revenue growth we have seen to date, we are now looking to appoint a Data & Performance Analytics Lead who will be responsible for service optimization across our platform.
As a hospitality ecommerce platform, Travelport transacted 65M hotel room nights in 2015. The purpose of this performance analytics role is to fine tune our platform to maximize our monetization potential. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data with a technical facility to compile and connect disparate sources to uncover hotel booking obstacles. The remedy of these obstacles will necessitate an ability to transform technical complexity into commercially compelling arguments to motivate internal and external roadmaps, and to drive the designed change to monetary success. This is a greenfield opportunity for someone to come in and establish this function working across the commercial and the software engineering teams to identify and deliver service performance enhancements.
What Will You Do
* Assess current state of operational performance through data analysis and internal and external stakeholder discussions
* Manipulate and analyze data from a wide variety of corporate databases, including various SQL databases, Access, Excel, plain or formatted text files, Oracle, and no-SQL databases
* Use the data to identify issues and their root-causes
* Develop and present compelling business cases (proposals) to implement changes that will optimize our services, translating technical data and concepts into plain English for non-technical stakeholders and articulating the revenue opportunity
* Design and implement in conjunction with engineering teams the project plans for the implementation of change initiatives
* Design and implement automated processes to expedite the collation and review of data sources
* Work with the BI team (who focus on how we use leverage our data externally) to share knowledge, approach and insights
* Design and develop data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching
* Design and implement reporting and visualization for unstructured and structured data sets
* Make recommendations for investment in third party tools that will support the function
* Measure the success of enhancements post implementation to identify the revenue upside generated
* Build out the Bookability team opportunity; demonstrate the value of the function to create a case the building out of the team and for the right candidate, stand first in line to lead that team
What Have You Done
* You have extensive experience in performance data analytics, manipulating and analyzing data from a wide variety of corporate databases, including various SQL, Access, Excel, plain or formatted text files, Oracle, and no-SQL databases
* You have a deep understanding of leveraging the benefits of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, data warehousing design and implementation, table structure, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical database design, data modeling, reporting process metadata, and ETL processes
* You have designed and implemented automated processes to create efficiencies
* You have experience of turning data findings into commercially relevant presentations and have discussed these with technical and non-technical stakeholders
* You are comfortable leading meetings to understand first hand your commercial stakeholders challenges
* You have a degree in a related field such as mathematics, computer science or statistics, or equivalent working experience
Nice to haves
* Experience setting up a performance analytics functions from scratch
* Experience of project managing system changes and working with technical teams who will develop and test the system changes you have identified
* Previous tenure in SaaS organizations
* Experience working with data visualization tools like QlickView
Who Are You
* You love data; understanding and explaining what it tells you
* You are a self-starter who enjoys working with minimal supervision
* You enjoy working in a fast paced software technology environment
* You re a wiz with Excel VBA, Access, SQL and SAS, among others.
* You have a roll your sleeves up attitude to get the job done
* You are a thinker and a do-er; this is a greenfield opportunity so you will define an approach as well as implement it
* You re a commercially savvy communicator
* You have an excellent command of written and spoken English
* You have a logical approach to planning and problem solving
* You are organized and can prioritize and re-prioritize
* You are comfortable (on occasion) flexing your working hours (as the role will involve working with stakeholders in multiple time zones)
You in five words: problem solver, data lover, commercially astute, organized, energetic.