This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: Database Administrator
LOCATION: Washington DC
DURATION: Full Time
The Database Administrator will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining production databases, SQL queries, procedures, scripts and objects, including tables, primary and foreign key relationships, triggers, constraints, etc. In this role, you will perform advanced performance analysis and tuning within SQL Server, as well as the other tiers of the infrastructure, to identify and resolve bottlenecks and problems, and you'll ensure that databases are working properly in conjunction with applications. You must have the ability to complete data mining efforts and ad hoc analysis to ensure a firm understanding of source system data and how it relates to business requirements. And you will work closely with the development team to optimize SQL queries, support coding best practices and implement optimal coding techniques.
* Maintain uptime of all database applications from a database perspective
* Develop, test and deploy SQL changes to production, quality assurance and development environments.
* Manage and monitor the day-to-day operations of database systems and ensure that the systems and applications function effectively
* Make sure that the database systems provide sufficient computing power to deliver the desired level of business performance.
* Test new software or software versions such as database server upgrades
* Understand SAN based storage and related technologies, specifically related to MS SQL Server installations.
* Provide advice to developers and users on database standards, data structures and terminology
* Prepare technical reports on the operation of systems.
* Assist with Windows Server configuration and management as it relates to MS SQL Server installation and performance.
* Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
* 5+ years MSSQL experience
* Experience working with very large databases.
* Exceptionally skilled in troubleshooting query performance
* Self-motivated individual
* Ability to analyze data to find inconsistencies
* 3-5years MySQL experience
* 1-3years PostgreSQL experience
* Data warehouse experience
* Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
* Commission Compensation - No
* Bonus Eligible - Yes
* Overtime Eligible - No
* Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
2+ TO 5 YEARS' EXPERIENCE
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
Industry: Digital Media
Job Category: Information Technology - Database Administration
Hours Per Week: 40
Visa Candidate Considered: Yes