Database Administrator 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION DETAILS:
JOB TITLE: Database Administrator
LOCATION: Blythewood, SC 29016
DURATION:12+ months (Strong possibility for an extension)
* Manages and maintains all production and non-production databases.
* Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration.
* Performs backup and recovery on Database Management Systems, configures data
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
* Client supports in the neighborhood of 100 plus SQL server databases and are in the process of migrating those databases from SQL server 2008 to SQL server 2012.
* In addition DMV is implementing high availability solutions on a number of the systems supported by these databases and increasing our use of reporting services and analysis services implemented in a number of support systems such as SharePoint, ms system center, team foundation server, and others.
* Client is also facing increasing security concerns around these assets.
* Client is also investigating business intelligence solutions for all of its data assets including Oracle and Sql Server data.
* This engineer will be expected to provide support for this initiative.
* In addition, this position will supplement our current SQL DBA force with production support activities such as os updates, security updates, etc. and will require beyond normal hours activities.
* This is expected to be a long term, ongoing assignment. on-site presence is required therefore regional candidates (SC, GA, NC) will be given preferred priority.
* Candidate will be working in a team environment consisting of 5 database engineers and administrators and working directly with application developers and server support team.
* Excellent communications skills are required.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* SQL Server
o Setup and maintain data replication and mirroring
o Configure maintenance automation
o Backup and Recovery
o Troubleshoot SQL Server performance issues as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
o SQL Server monitoring
o Install and configure new SQL Servers
o Develop and support data warehouse and cubes through SQL Server Analysis Services
o Migrate SQL Server database to SQL Server 2012, 2014
o Develop Reports using SSRS
o Develop database design, development, and management standards
o Consult with developers regarding database design.
o Implement 3rd party databases for vendor supplied applications
* Business Intelligence
o Support development of a business intelligence solution for CLIENT
* Oracle11/12: Desired
o Develop Dashboard and reports using through BI solution
o Develop and present end user training for BI solution
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* SQL Server 2008, 2012
* SQL Server Reporting Services
* SQL Server Analysis Services
* Reports Designer
* Business Intelligence Tools and Design.
* 8 - 10Years SQL DBA Experience
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* SQL Server 2014,2016
* DD Boost to Support Backup AND Restore Operations for SQL Server
* Oracle11/12 Business Intelligence Microsoft Office
* Microsoft Project
* Microsoft Visio