The Chicago Teachers' Pension Fund's (CTPF) Infrastructure Team is on a mission to improve our existing computing environment and business processes to better serve CTPF employees and our members. CTPF has an exciting new opening for a Database Administrator. CTPF is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual who enjoys multi-tasking and handling new challenges as part of a small IT department.
This position offers a strong benefits package including immediate healthcare coverage, generous PTO, and participation in a pension and 403(b)(7) plan. With just one location in the Loop no travel is required and Work Life Balance is appreciated and respected!
As the Database Administrator, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects and tasks which include, but are not limited to the following:
* Assuring the safekeeping of our production, test and development databases from accidental or intentional damage or loss while monitoring the usage and performance of databases
* Manage our testing and production environments, batch jobs, migrations, deployments and alerts
* Manage the project to upgrade our version of Microsoft SQL
* Participate in the project to move CTPF to a modern and unified reporting and business intelligence platform as the technical/Infrastructure Team lead
* Fine tuning the performance of our databases and the servers that host them
* Ability to create stored procedures and views for use in various front-end applications
* Develop procedures for responding to issues to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of our systems
* Participate in the enhancement, review and testing of CTPF's Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity program
* Support users by serving as the technical lead for database application failure. Review, troubleshoot and communicate issues to NetworkSystem Administrators and Application Developers
* Remain current with latest available relevant technology and best practices.
* Evaluate and make informed recommendations on various products to purchase and implement
* Conduct periodic security audits for database systems access
* Create and maintain documentation regarding our database environment
* Managing an internal only SharePoint farm
* 5+ years of progressive experience in an database administrative role
* Microsoft certification preferred (MCSA SQL 2012/2008, MSCE Data Platform)
* A bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, technology.
Required Skills and Attributes:
* Readiness to troubleshoot any issues with SQL databases as they arise
* Working experience with MS SQL AlwaysOn, SSDT (SQL Server Data Tools), SQL_Trace, and other SQL tools
* Working experience with MS SQL SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
* Working experience with Ubuntu/Linux
* Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and priorities
* Ability to effectively and accurately prioritize and complete tasks with great attention to detail
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, plans, policies, procedures, and written materials
* Demonstrated project management experience
* Understanding of networking, virtualization and storage
CTPF is the administrator of multiple-employer defined benefit public employee retirement fund providing retirement, survivor and
disability benefits for certain certified teachers and employees of the Chicago Public Schools and Chicago area charter schools.
CTPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CTPF does not discriminate due to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or
military status, age, disability, unemployment status, or any other legally protected basis. Qualified candidates of diverse
backgrounds are encouraged to apply for any vacant positions