Database Administrator (DBA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Integrated Data Services, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Overview:
Integrated Data Services, Inc. (IDS) is a leading provider of custom software products and Government financial management services. IDS was founded in 1997 in El Segundo, CA, and since that time has seen tremendous growth and success. Currently IDS has offices supporting customers nationwide. By providing customers with fast, efficient and reliable information systems and support services, IDS has become a preferred provider of financial and programmatic systems, services, and solutions across a wide variety of Government agencies.
IDS is seeking a Database Administrator with experience with Department of Defense (DoD) financial management processes, Government financial and accounting systems, and programming and budgeting systems to provide on-site relational database support to a DoD customer located at the Pentagon. This individual will provide expertise in Government budgeting; assist customers in properly structuring financial data; perform reconciliation between several systems; perform daily review of budget data; and otherwise support a Government budget office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provide timely financial and system status updates to senior leadership.
* Analyze the accuracy of data elements.
* Correct discrepancies in the database environment.
* Prepare budget and financial reports.
* Provide analytical troubleshooting for system software related problems.
* Conduct vulnerability scans
* Assist with database table maintenance (e.g. add/reconcile/modify data element tables)
* Suggest corrective actions.
* Manage the assigned project, including all aspects of service and coordination with the Government customer.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Minimum of three (3) years of Database Administration experience in Government acquisition, budgeting, programming or financial management, program management or related experience within a Government or DoD organization.
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with large-scale applications
* Outstanding communication skills (written and oral); including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is a necessity.
* Familiarity with the AF Automated Budget Interactive Data Environment System (ABIDES) highly desired
* Knowledge of AF Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) process highly desired
* Demonstrated experience with UNIX system commands (e.g., mv, cp, rm, grep, vi) and the ability to troubleshoot system, application, and network issues highly desired
* Extensive experience working with MS Excel/Access
* Exceptional facilitation and organizational skills are required.
Education and Work Experience:
This position requires a minimum of a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university in Software Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal backg