This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Trimble Navigation Limited
Trimble is recruiting for a SQL Server DBA to fill an opportunity in Dayton, OH.
Plans, coordinates, and administers matters related to database(s), including base definition, structures, documentation, upgrades, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and protection. Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools, such as base dictionaries. Establishes and maintains security integrity controls. Formulates and monitors policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management.
* Will manage clustered and single instance SQL Server database installations
* Design build, configure, upgrade, and manages database installations
* Troubleshoot database performance issues
* Proactively monitor and perform database performance tuning activities
* Participate in database requirements gathering for new database projects
* Participate in the design and implementation of strategies for database load and stress testing
* Collaborate with internal teams and customers
* Participate in after hours support
* Ensure correct change control and compliance is followed
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
* 5 years of experience in an enterprise environment
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
* Five or more years of experience as SQL Server DBA in a production environment, including:
* Experience in database logical/physical design, tuning, and query optimization
* Experience patching, installing, and monitoring SQL Server in clustered environment
* Experience with change management procedures
* Platforms: Microsoft Windows Server, VMware, Cloud Computing
* Databases: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2/2012
* Other database technology experience beneficial: Mysql, Cloud based
* Technologies: Clustering, Replication
* Monitoring: Application Performance Monitoring, Quest Spotlight, Toad, SCOM
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D