Database Administrator / Developer 8/9/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
* Creates and maintains all M2MMCThinkspace database environments required to support development, testing, benchmark, and production usage.
* This role is primarily a Developer DBA role, but must be able to function as Operational DBA upon triage escalation.
* Performs ongoing tuning of database instances.
* Plans and implements backup & recovery for all used database technologies.
* Assists in database migrations of code, changes, and references through full development life cycle.
* Implements & Enforces security in all database technologies.
* Performs regular maintenance as required to ensure maximum up-time of all database technology used to support M2MMC or Thinkspace.
* Develop and Enforce standards for all applications design and code is produced with proper integrity, security & performance.
* Performs reviews of all database design and code to ensure that standards are being adhered to.
* Provides technical support to all application developer teams and escalates technical issues or problems to external support or vendor resources.
* Enforces and maintains all M2MMC or Thinkspace database technologies to ensure the integrity of different database environments.
* Administers all M2MMC and Thinkspace database environments.
* Assists in scoping impact to database environments of any proposed changes.
* Troubleshoots issues and problems regarding all M2MMC and Thinkspace database technologies including applications, monitoring, and developed tools.
* Create new database instances, objects and users as required.
* Manage sharing of all database technologies used to support M2MMC and Thinkspace environments.
* The Database Engineering Team has the ultimate responsibility for database physical design.
* Must be able to perform after-hours, and / or weekend support for triage support or key database deployments.
* Manage day-to-day replication between different local and cross data center database environments.
* BACHELOR\'S DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE OR RELATED FIELD.
* 2-4 YEARS AS DATABASE DEVELOPER/ADMINISTRATOR
* 1-3 YEARS OF OPERATIONAL DBA EXPERIENCE WITH STRATEGIC FOCUS ON ENTERPRISE RDBMS LIKE SQL SERVER 2008 R2 OR GREATER, ORACLE AND/OR MYSQL.
* 1-2 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTAL DBA EXPERIENCE WITH STRATEGIC FOCUS ON ENTERPRISE RDBMS LIKE SQL SERVER 2008 R2 OR GREATER, ORACLE AND/OR MYSQL.
* EXPERIENCE WITH WRITING TASK AUTOMATING LANGUAGES LIKE C, JAVA, PYTHON,
* 1-2 YEARS WITH EXPERIENCE WITH NOSQL TECHNOLOGIES LIKE COUCHBASE AND CASSANDRA
* EXPERIENCE WITH REPLICATION TECHNOLOGIES LIKE MICROSOFT TRANSACTIONAL REPLICATION
* Proven track record of project and service delivery with increasing levels of responsibilities.
* Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and how to tune the all database and operating system environments for optimal performance.
* Responsible for the 24x7 availability of test, benchmark, and production database environments.
* SQL Server (primary) and NOSQL technologies secondary.
* Work under guidance of Lead or Senior DBAs
* Meet SLAs for M2MMC and Thinkspace environments
* Should be able to travel as part of the job as required (less 15%travel)