Database Administrator II 8/30/2016
Black Knight Financial Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems, data and analytics offerings, and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Provides support to and maintains multiple production and/or non-production databases of significant and/or strategic impact across the enterprise. Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs backup and recovery on Database Management Systems, configures database parameters and prototype designs against logical data models, and defines data repository requirements, data dictionaries and warehousing requirements.
* Optimizes database access and allocates/re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
* Ensures service level agreements are met for internal and external clients.
* Provides status reports that detail issues for escalation to management.
* Performs configuration, scripting, analysis, installation, monitoring, administration and tuning for database management systems.
* May be required to participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
* Performs data analysis to provide management with timely and accurate information and predict future requirements
* Develops, implements and tests database backup and recovery policies and procedures.
* Creates and maintains documentation for database policies, procedures, and processes.
* Performs/schedules routine maintenance on databases to keep them running at peak performance.
* Monitors database performance, availability, and capacity.
* Participates in continuous business process redesign to improve internal operations.
* Interfaces with user departments remotely and on-site to assist in the implementation of work requests and provide operational support.
* Troubleshoots issues and recommends solutions.
* Performs other duties as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Knowledge of database management systems
* Knowledge of SQL Server 2012 and 2014 highly preferred
* SQL performance and tuning
* Thorough database design and analysis skills
* Ability to monitor and tune databases and instances
* Ability to maintain and monitor availability, security, and integrity of databases
* Knowledge of backup and recovery operations for database management systems
* Knowledge of relational database concepts and terminology
* Experience with scripting languages
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
* Must be self-motivated, a team player, and have a strong track record in customer satisfaction
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to learn and apply new skills in a constantly changing technical environment
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated experience with successful system and project implementations
* Ability to adapt to the use of new software tools as they are acquired or adopted within IT
* Focused on production and customer needs
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Intermediate professional level role. Supports multiple services and multiple databases of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, systems feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or sometimes as a project advisor. May coach more junior technical staff. Typically requires four (4) or more years of experience working with various database management systems in database design, testing, implementation, maintenance and administration in a multiple platform environment.
Black Knight Financial Services is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer