Database Administrator III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR III
LOCATION: HILLSBORO, OR, 97124
DURATION: 7+ MONTHS
Designs, plans, and implements database systems and programs. May have responsibility for administering several aspects of a project such as access methods, device allocation, and security. Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures as they relate to databases. Assignments may include:
Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools
Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
* BS in CS plus 5 years' experience
* Knowledge of database theory
* Knowledge of database design
* Knowledge about Microsoft SQL Server
* Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) e.g. SQL/PSM, Transact-SQL
* General understanding of distributed computing architectures, e.g. Client/Server
Provides technical knowledge working with system administrators, technical managers, developers, and architects. Level: Expert with 4-7 years' experience HS diploma or GED equivalent required for US candidates.