Database Administrator III / Netezza 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Would you like to work for the leading source of funding for housing in America Helping more people buy or rent a home. Our client is focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving the company, and leading change to make housing better in America.They were recently voted in the top 50 places to work for nationwide. Working for our client you will be working for a company that believes in the American dream. A company that wants to make a difference in peoples lives and looks at the individual first. Their business is to give the hand up to those who need it.
As a DBA do you love to design, structure, and maintain one or more discrete databases used by business units or infrastructure units. Test, quality control, and performance tune data to ensure its integrity and reliability. Confer with business unit and technical staff regarding extracting data for particular reports. Monitor or accomplish refreshing of data and installation and testing of new releases or patches of database software. As a level 3 you will be able to do it all.
Some of the functions you'll perform are:
* Play lead technical role in maintaining or modifying database(s) in production. Track system availability, uptime, and performance. Confer with less experienced DBAs and guide their efforts in maintaining databases.
* Confer with application development staff or project management staff regarding project planning, resource allocation, task definitions and schedules for substantial projects involving database(s).
* Plan and design database changes necessary for data conversion, tool configuration, data refresh or migration or other initiatives related to large application development project.
* Troubleshoot or confer with others troubleshooting errors or production problems involving databases to determine causes and proposed solutions.
* Set and document standards for use of databases with objectives of data integrity, data security, efficient operation, audit requirements, and the like. Communicate to others in development or database administration roles.
* Confer with managers in networking, systems operations, applications, and client/user community to maintain stable and efficient operating environment for database(s).
* May provide technical lead, project leadership or staff supervision in large development, migration, testing, acceptance or product rollout project
Must have a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience as well as 6yrs or more with Netezza
In order to fill this position, our client is looking for people with the following skills.
* Expert knowledge of Netezza appliance systems
* 7+ years in the IT industry
* 6+ years of experiences in Netezza database administration
* 2+ years DBA experience with any other major DBA (like oracle or Sybase or MSSQL)
* 2+ years scripting experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
* Multi-tasking and organization skill.
* Experience in SDLC and Change Management process.
* Experience w/Netezza Mako appliances
* Experience with version 7.2 and later
* Hands-on with Netezza replication 1.6 or later
If this job sounds like a good fit for you, please contact us and let us help you find your Next Awesome adventure.