- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Database Administrator - Intermediate
Exeter is looking for a DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR for a position supporting United States Southern Command HQ in Doral, FL (Miami area). This is a long term opportunity; employees have the ability to remain on contract for 6+ years. Paid relocation to Doral is not available; candidates must be local or willing to relocate at their own expense. Upward mobility to more senior positions is possible based on qualifications and performance. The duties of the position are as follows:
* Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases (Oracle/Microsoft SQL Server/MySQL).
* Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
* Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
* Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
* Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
* Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
* U.S. Citizenship with a current Active Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret/ SCI - NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Bachelor s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field OR 5 years of related experience;
* TWO current technical certifications as outlined below NO EXCEPTIONS. Candidates should submit copies of certifications with their resumes.
* Previous SOUTHCOM IT experience
* 5+ years of Database Administration Experience
* Military veterans highly desired
Must meet DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical IAT Level II (IAT-II) certification requirements - CompTIA Security+ CE, or any of the other DoD approved IAT II baseline certifications listed at this link: http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx
ADDITIONALLY, Must have a current/valid technically relevant Computing Environment certification in Database Administration. Microsoft certifications must be within one generation of current technology (i.e. SQL Server 2008 or higher)
* Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), or
* Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), or
* MySQL Certification, or
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) SQL Server 2008+, or
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) SQL Server 2008+.