Database Administrator (Linux) 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are seeking a Linux DBA (Database Administrator) to join our client's team. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting multiple analytical database engines (both traditional and emerging) and assisting with their architectural design.
* Manage, troubleshoot, and architect Cloudera distribution of Hadoop.
* Manage, troubleshoot, and architect HP Vertica database.
* Work with data engineering groups supporting the data flow and ingestion to these systems.
* Work with development groups to architect solutions for new and existing projects.
* Utilize configuration management and custom scripts to deploy and manage systems.
* Ensure all critical systems and services are properly monitored with relevant alerts enabled.
* Manage and plan backup and recovery strategies including ongoing policy refinement.
* Migrate applications off of legacy environments with minimal downtime.
* Generate and maintain documentation on these database engines.
* Maintain and improve process automation.
* Be able to respond to critical requests during off-hours.
* Linux (RHEL/Centos preferred) support experience in large scale environments.
* Experience managing databases in a Linux environment.
* Advanced knowledge and experience creating and executing shell scripts.
* Performance problem solving skills including query tuning.
* A strong sense of ownership, initiative and drive.
* Experience managing data warehouse platforms & tooling: ex. Hadoop, Vertica, Pentaho.
* Configuration management experience with puppet or chef.
* The ideal candidate will be comfortable in highly collaborative, "non-silo'd" environments.
* Possess an appetite to research, test, and implement new technologies.