Database Administrator - Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: Database Administrator - Operations
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
TYPE:Contract - 12 months
Partner's Consulting recruits for positions that allow our consultants to make a positive impact and opportunity for growth at exciting, high-level organizations. Our consultants enjoy flexibility, competitive pay, and the ability to be part of an awesome, award-winning company with a progressive work culture.
Our client is seeking a Database Administrator to play a key role in providing operational support for databases (production and lower environments) for various projects. You will work with internal and external teams within the company, and be part of the team that is responsible for supporting database maintenance activities including system and database patches, critical outage incident support for triage and mitigation, root cause analysis to understand why the outage/ incident happened and establish/ modify SOP's for Level 1 support. This role will improve database health monitoring by utilizing SQL Server and other monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, provide compliance support (PCI and SOX), conduct periodic analysis of existing DB instances, and provide recommendations on improvements.
* Optimizes database performance where needed, and writes and/or troubleshoots SQL code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes and constraints).
* Establishes automation and reporting where needed by utilizing SSIS and SSRS.
* Troubleshoots and resolves database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues and security issues.
* Detects and troubleshoots SQL Server-related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention. Helps mitigate to ensure services are resumed and provides short-term and long-term betterment recommendations.
* Provides SQL database operational support to Tech users.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or relevant discipline required.
* 10 years of experience with database design and administration.
* MCDBA/ MCT certification is preferred.
* Expertise and knowledge in MS SQL Server 2008/ 2012/ 2014.
* Knowledge of SQL Server tools (Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs and system sprocs).
* Strong experience with backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, clustering, database mirroring and replication.
* Proficiency with indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration and patching.
* Understands how statistics works, how indexes are stored, and how they can be created and managed effectively.
* Experience with performance tuning, query optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* Expertise in implementing operational automation.
* Solid understanding of Windows Server, security delegation, SPN's and storage components.
* Possesses documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KB's, runbooks, topology, etc.).
* Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications (e.g. Redgate, IDERA, SCOM, and ERwin) is highly preferred.
* Knowledge in a scripting language, such as PowerShell, VBScript or WSH, is highly desirable.
Partner's Consulting is a reputable, Nationally Certified Women Owned Business Enterprise Information Technology Consulting and Recruiting firm based in the Philadelphia area. We have built personal relationships with our clients over the years, and work directly with hiring managers on all our open positions. Our core values are focused on the highest level of professional dedication to our client's requirements coupled with our desire to partner for joint success.