Database Administrator 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client, a leading retail brand company based in Pittsburgh, PA is looking for an MS SQL Server DBA .
This is a MS SQL Server DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. We are looking to fill a need to have a highly competent and highly motivated individual in this role. This is a production DBA role, as such it will require a commitment on your part as well as ours. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server.
* Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
* Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools (SolarWinds).
* Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
* Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
* Experience in tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance.
* Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
* Experience working with Windows Hyper V server, Azure, Windows Clustering including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
* Good communication and documentation skills.
* Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP.
* 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience.