Database Administrator and AWS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Alpha Solutions Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONExceptionally skilled and enthusiastic DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR to help build out their evolving game platform. The ideal candidate will have expertise in managing databases in hybrid environments built with private and AWS instances and have a thorough knowledge of MySQL (MySQL, Oracle MySQL, or Percona) in a high performing and resilient environment.
Successful candidates must be innovative and enthusiastic about technology and be DBA experts. They must also have the ability to articulate and demonstrate both deep and broad knowledge across multiple areas of information technology in a hybrid infrastructure environment.
* Manage and maintain databases in development, test and production environments
* Automate and innovate ways to manage large databases in a hybrid environment
* Manage and scale MongoDB and MySQL instances
* Create sustainable and maintainable environments
* Install, configure, update and troubleshoot MySQL and MongoDB environments
* Collaborate with Engineers and System Administrators on technical issues
* On call support
* 7+ years overall IT experience, with 5+ years on MySQL on Unix/Linux/AWS (Azure or Google Cloud is also acceptable)
* Well versed in database performance tuning, especially SQL tuning
* Skilled in backups, recovery, and troubleshooting MySQL
* 247 production support experience
* Development DBA experience
* Intimate with SQL query tuning
* Configuration tuning: for query and overall database performance
* Asynchronous Replication
* Restoring: point-in-time, restore a master
* Backups: table, databases, utilities, point-in-time recovery
* Database modeling & design (normalization, physical design, etc.)
* Capacity monitoring and management capabilities
* Intermediate knowledge of LINUX with regard to moving and compressing files, creating users, simple troubleshooting and performance investigations
* Programming in shell, Python, or Perl
* Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
* 2 years' experience in building, configuring, operating and tuning MySQL instances on Amazon Web Services (AWS, EC2, RDS)
* Proven ability to work well with others in a team environment
* Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science or related fields