Database Analyst- Emphasis on Business Intelligence and Reporting- Academic Information Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
UT Soutwestern University Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration, basic science, or computer related field, and two (2) years experience in field directly related to type of database maintained, including experience working with and maintaining large complex database.
Maximizes use of automated database systems through on-going analysis of mainframe, PC, and manual systems; trains users in use of automated systems; assists in, or designs, database and related applications; maintains database system and associated data collection systems.
Extracts relevant data from various sources and data enters information into database.
Works with system users to make recommendations, receive feedback, and test additions and/or enhancements to automated database system so that systems are updated, tested, developed, and implemented.
Administers and investigates database network and systems administration hardware and software by utilizing proficiencies in various computer languages to support functions of project or department.
Investigates and recommends efficient, user-friendly database interface designs for all users by utilizing acquired experience and knowledge of database systems.
Proposes policy for relational database table design; works in tandem with scientific/technical community using knowledge of future trends to produce database that is responsive to user needs.
Installs and maintains related database software and hardware systems.
Makes recommendations for modifications or additions to personal computer database systems, hardware components and database software applications.
Performs other duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Experience/Other Responsibilities:
Reporting and Analytics
- Proficient at writing SQL to extract data from multiple enterprise data sources (SQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Designing and creating reports to effectively summarize and communicate this data to multiple audiences
- Develop reports and analytical objects which meet business requirements of business organization
- Reviews existing programming problems from original design and makes modifications as necessary
- Provides technical advice and guidance to other computer professionals for solution of work problems.
- Responsible for engaging business analysts to understand data and reporting requirements to support business need to develop actionable reports based on business requirements
- Meets with end-users and client to clearly define reporting needs, identify key performance measures, set benchmarks and design and develop measurement tools and reports
- Assists in estimating required project resources
- Assist in the creation of deliverables that are developed jointly with the user and technical development team, including output definition, logical design (business process and rules, data elements and flows, screens and reports), implementation plan, documentation, and training needs
- Communicates to ensure that measurement tools, reports and data are understood accurately and consistently across work groups
- Defines and analyzes business and/or scientific problems of most complex type or assists user personnel in analyzing and defining such problems for computer solutions.
Research & Documentation
- Develop and manage project documentation deliverables
- Researches and documents key reporting requirements with an understanding of business processes and resource limitations
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability..