This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
CSG Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY 11221 Database Architect (Open)
The Data Architect will be involved in the design and deployment of database architecture activities across North America to best position CSG portfolio of solutions, products and service offerings. It is expected that the candidate will bring very strong database architecture credentials including experience with operational data stores, data warehouses, and Business Intelligence and analytics reporting solutions. The objective for this role is to establish a trusted advisor relationship with clients resulting in paid consultation services related to data management and reporting strategies.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Consults with clients' technical leadership
* Provides Data Architecture leadership across development teams.
* Determines database structural requirements by analysing client operations, applications and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems.
* Develop database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up and recovery specifications.
* Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
* Leads modelling efforts on key solutions.
* Understands Data Storage Techniques such as direct attached disk, SAN, SSD, RAID configurations, etc.
* Leads training for development teams in storage patterns and technologies.
* Ability to design fault tolerant database systems using techniques such as Clustered Servers, Mirroring, Replication,
* Designs cross cutting architectures (reporting, analytics) for development teams
* Reporting / Warehousing, Analytics, Security, Replication
* Works closely with Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Developers, to ensure the database design fits with the overall product offerings.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* 10+ years of experience working with database architecture.
* Experience with BSS/OSS data and cable/DBS business models preferred
* IT and/or software development experience in one or more of the following areas: large scale, mission-critical applications, Billing, CRM, OSS
* Experience in Unix/Linux including writing shell scripts
* Experience in writing PL/SQL.
* Experience in other programming languages like C, C#, Java, etc.
* Experience using ETL tools.
* Experience with data replication.
* Experience in deploying database clusters.
* Experience with database virtualization including cloud applications.
* Experience across Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2 a plus.
* Experience with Big Table technologies such as Elastic Search a plus.
* Proven scoping, design and implementation experience required.
* Strong skills in Technical, Business Solution value based proposal and Solution design
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong strategic and analytical skills.
* Ability to work as part of a team to solve complex technical problems and work with accounts in complex environments.
* Non-standard work hours may be required and the ability to be on-call.
* Business-like presence and ability to interact professionally with customers at all organization levels.