This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCypress is partnering with a market leader that develops innovative, cloud-based products (IoT) that serve thousands of consumers / businesses and drive billions of dollars of revenue annually. Our client offers the ability to work cross functionally, a progressive and casual corporate culture, great work / life balance, and excellent benefits.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
* Architecture, configuration, integration, monitoring, and support of on premise and/or cloud based data related to custom developed applications and associated resources.
* Designing and developing data related assets and processes in cloud and on mobile devices as implementing health and performance monitoring for all environments.
* Continuous research, evaluation, and recommendations of technologies
* Support always-available cloud-based data platforms.
* Support application development teams develop data-centric applications.
* Work with DevOps to develop automation to rapidly deploy data related assets.
* Use monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to development.
* Build and manage dev/test data environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools.
* Contribute to the creation of system support documents.
* Leverage scripting to build required automation and tools.
* Design solutions within our security and privacy guidelines.
THIS IS WHAT OUR CLIENT IS LOOKING FOR:
* Three years of experience as a database administrator and / or developer
* Experience working closely with web / mobile application developers
* Exposure to Azure is preferred
* Data storage tuning and troubleshooting experience
* PowerShell scripting skills
* Extensive experience working with Microsoft SQL Server
* Bonus points for experience with NoSQL / Big Data / MongoDB / BLOB
SOME OF THE MANY PERKS:
* Four-day work week (Monday - Thursday)
* Bonus eligible (8% - 25% of salary, depending on company performance)
* Great benefits package
* Flexible working hours (to beat the traffic)
* Stock purchase plans
* Fitness program
* Very casual dress code (come as you are, shorts, flip flops)