Database Developer 9/3/2016
Rose International INC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title: Database Developer
Position Number: 240000
Location: Baltimore, MD
Desired Skill Set:
Database, MS Access, Oracle, VBA, XML
Job Title: MS Access DB Developer & Admin
Duration: 12 months
Location: Baltimore, MD 21244 (2900 Lord Baltimore Drive)
*Ideal candidate will sit 100% of the time in Baltimore and will be local.
Job Description: We are currently seeking an in house Database Programmer/Developer/Analyst. This person will be responsible for the maintenance of existing databases which was programmed using MS Access and VBA, the design, and implementation of new improvement to the databases. This person will also be responsible for analyzing data flows, resolving data reporting issues and making necessary improvements. We are looking for someone that has background in project costing / financial reporting who can work with other cost analysts, developer and key team members to understand needs and expectations and offer solutions. This position will also be responsible for administering the MS Access Database and trouble shoot any functionality issues.
* Learn and maintain existing company systems.
* Create, modify and design additional reports as requested by management.
* Create, modify and maintain various data exports and imports including excel, csv and (or) xml formats.
* Develop new functionalities as requested to improve productivity and/or processes and engage in the database development process, from inception through delivery.
* Perform upgrades to systems as needed.
* Migrate current MS Access based databases to Oracle platform and integrate with current front end interfaces.
* Provide process improvements by automating manual processes.
* Troubleshoot and correct any Database server issues including occasional after-hours and weekends.
* Analyze, audit, modify, and amend data in systems as required by other team members.
* Assist with monthly reports and statistical reports as needed.
* Assist with efforts and development to define and automate data gathering, analysis and reporting processes.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Requirements: Candidates should have a cost analyst/cost engineering background in order to be considered for this role.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Information System, Computer Science or related field preferred.
* Extensive development experience in MS Access/VBA.
* Experience as an Oracle server administrator.
* Experience with XML.
* Advanced Access database skills extremely critical and strong understanding of relational database structures and design.
* Experience with Citrix cloud based applications a plus.
* Experience with Oracle Hyperion Reporting is highly preferred.
* Experience in SQL, VB, .net, C#, html, java, other programming languages, or API development a plus.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to create complex equations.
* Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines and to balance multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with persons at all levels of the organization.
ROSE INTERNATIONAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ARREST AND CONVICTION RECORDS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY LAW. POSITIONS LOCATED IN SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA WILL BE ADMINISTERED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE.