This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Database Developer K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K a great place to work.
The Database Developer s role is to develop and maintain databases within the specified department, while ensuring high levels of data availability. The Database Developer will in addition evaluate and advise on all technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management systems and applications.
AS A DATABASE DEVELOPER YOU WILL . . .
* Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, and queries
* Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes
* Ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance
* Extract data from multiple sources and assemble tables and cubes using common identifiers
* Scrub, parse and sort data based on best practices, industry standards, corporate policies and research specifications
* Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop relational databases and secondary databases (i.e. Access).
* Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions.
* Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues.
* Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
* Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
* Development and maintenance of the database stored procedures, views and functions for hosted web applications.
* Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements.
* Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
* Creation and maintenance of technical and process documentation.
* Implementation of data dashboards to display data in differing formats.
* Design, implement and maintain all SQL Server Integration Services packages and ETL transformation/loads.
* Assist with Data ETL from multiple formats for database consumption including, but not limited to, xls, pdf, doc, csv, txt and others.
RIGHT FOR YOU*
* Do you communicate well*
* Can you build customer confidence*
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
* Is your manner honest and straightforward*
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
* Do you value others' opinions*
* Bachelor s degree in Information Analytics, Database Administration, or a related field AND
* Three (3) years of experience in data acquisition, preparation, analysis and/or interpretation, OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Significant experience designing, creating and managing tables/databases in Access and SQL
* Experience with ETL using SQL Integration Services
* Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
* Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints
* Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with other professional staff
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Advanced computer skills, particularly with statistical software such as SPSS and R, and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
* Ability to pass required background check
* Experience in the field of K-12 academic research pertaining to school effectiveness and student achievement
* Leadership experience in a school setting using data to inform instruction
* Awareness of current trends and directions in K-12 research, assessment, standards and compliancy/regulations
* Coursework specific to research design, evaluation, and statistical analysis
* Experience with producing materials for public review
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend