Database Developer 8/17/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTION* Understand and apply database design and development principles for both transactional and dimensional schemas to support application requirements.
* Design, plan, and develop programs to optimally extract, transform, and load data from data sources to the target systems.
* Design, develop and maintain SQL Server Reporting Services reports.
* Maintain source code for database and ETL projects. Ensure that projects build successfully in a continuous integration environment.
* Diagnose and resolve database performance issues.
* Follow and improve development processes including but not limited to conducting peer/code reviews, complying with organizational standards, ensuring code maintainability, following build processes, implementing unit tests, and following other industry standard best practices.
* Analyzing requirements in order to create software designs.
* Estimation and timely completion of tasks.
* Documenting developed modules.
* Supporting application developers and software testers.
* Creating and executing unit tests for developed code.
* Resolving problems in the production system.
* Following quality assurance processes.
* BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server with emphasis on database code and Reporting Services development.
* Database design skills including normalization and data warehouse design.
* Strong hands-on T-SQL development skills including stored procedure, function, and trigger creation.
* Excellent query optimization and performance tuning skills.
* Extensive experience developing SSRS reports.
* Strong SSIS skills.
* Detailed analytical skills.
* Structured troubleshooting skills.
* Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus.
* Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to analyze complex application and business operational issues.