This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Alegeus is the leading provider of employee benefits debit cards, allowing consumers easy and immediate access to their funds via electronic administration is growing. Alegeus develops and supports a complicated benefits software package utilizing real time payment network transaction systems.
The DatabaseDeveloper will be responsible for developing applications and integrations using the Microsoft SQL Server platform. This will include imports, vendor exports, data warehousing tasks, reports, and other data related tasks. This position requires excellent communication, technical and project management skills.
* Create and maintain SQL Queries and perform analysis on them
* Maintain and enhance the existing databases, exports, and reports
* Develop vendor and client exports that meet provided specifications
* Perform quality checks on reports and exports to ensure exceptional quality
* Monitor job and transfer queues to ensure they are functioning as expected
* Provide business users the data required for metrics and analysis
* Create and maintain documentation for all projects
* Take ownership of projects and drive them to completion on schedule
* Resolve any production issues assigned in a timely manner
* All otherresponsibilities as assigned
* Will occasionally be required to work outside usual hours of business in order to support releases without impeding access to services during usual business hours, or to support production systems as needed
* Periodically serves as "DBA on call" ready to respond to an off hours production problem.
* Develop, enhance, review SSIS packages to meet business needs
* BS in technology related field, or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired for specific job level
* Expert with T-SQL Queries and analysis.
* Expert with SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 server side development
* Expert with T-SQL Stored Procedures and Triggers
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Ability to analyze existing code, quickly understand its complexities, and take that code forward
* Strong desire to develop and innovate new technology
* Must be self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible, strong on team collaboration, exhibit exceptional relationship management skills, and strive for excellence
* Must work well in a structured change control and billing environment
* Ability to manage an application through the entire development life cycle and to manage and account for time effectively
* Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment, as well as new concepts and software
* Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices
* Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills
* Comfort working with resources across disciplines in a production environment and at all client levels
* Strong knowledge of version control systems, with a preference for TFS
* Strong knowledge of testing strategies at the unit and application levels
* 4+ years in a senior position
* 6+ years as a databasedeveloper
* Experience with Big Data is a plus
* Experience with Vertica is a plus
* Database administration experience
* Experience with EDI standards a plus
* Experience with EFT standards and processes a plus
* .NET development experience is a plus
* Familiarity with healthcare and related terminology including HIPAA procedures and standards a plus