This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONROLE:DATABASE ENGINEER (NOSQL/CLOUD)
REQUIRED SKILLS: NO SQL, CLOUD DATABASES, MYSQL OR MARIADB MUST HAVE, NICE TO HAVE MONGOB/NEO4J ORACLE AS A PLUS BUT NOT REQUIRED
DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Reports to the manager of the IT Data Management Group with primary responsibility for the day to day operation and support of production and development databases deployed in company data centers and cloud hosted environments. Performs deployment of changes to database objects including tables, views, triggers, stored procedures, etc. and ensures backup, recovery, availability and performance SLA's are met. Conducts quality assurance review for all production database changes submitted for deployment. Participates in rotational on-call duties for production monitoring and support.
* Hands-on experience performing database administration activities in a production support role.
* Experience performing database administration activities with MongoDB, Neo4j, or other NO-SQL databases.
* Limited experience performing database administration activities for Oracle.
* Any experience with Hadoop and/or MySQL administration activities.
* Very strong understanding of cloud based database deployments and support activities
* Good understanding of user and role access implementation for security
* Good understanding of of basic backup and recovery methods and log maintenance
* Ability to collaborate and communicate well with co-workers to determine impact of database changes on other systems
* Familiar with ITIL and/or another IT standard for quality assurance through the information lifecycle
* Familiar with "agile" and DEV-OPS methodologies
* Familiar with Microservices architecture and deployments
EDUCATION: College Degree or equivalent work experience
EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years of database administration and support
COMPLEXITY: Utilizes sound decision making skills and good judgment. Proactively seeks out better ways and best practices, identifies problems and recommends solutions. Strong oral and written communication skills.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS: Any exposure to Oracle EBS DBA activities is a definite plus. Familiarity with AWS RDS and EC2 will add value, as will exposure to MS SQL Server, Aurora, DynamoDB, and/or Firefox.