This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Mughal & Associates
JOB DESCRIPTIONMughal and Associates Corporate Recruitment is seeking a DATABASE MANAGER for our client, a Fortune 500 company, located in Fort Miami, FL. This client offers extraordinary compensation, bonus and benefits.
The Database Manager is responsible for monitoring all events that occur in the database environment to allow normal operations and to detect and escalate exception conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Generate, configure, and optimize the performance of databases
* Support the efforts of the test lead and deployment lead to plan, manage, and deploy the application
* Operate and support the database environment
* Update logical and physical database designs with requested or required changes including the CMDB
* Document benchmarks and procedures needed to optimize performance, and ensure that all guidelines in place for operations
* Provide input on any design decisions for interfacing or integrating databases operationally and for projects
* Collaborate with the configuration manager to determine change control and impact analysis for the databases
* Ensure the level of service capacity and availability matches or exceeds the current and future agreed needs of the business
* Plan the disaster recovery action plan, remediation processes and execution activities
* Direct and manage up to two resources
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required.
* 3+ years of experience in designing, implementing and maintaining database environments
* Professional database administration certification, such as a Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional
* Experience at working as a leader and collaborator in a team-oriented environment is essential.
* Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
* Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products - strong analytics skills.