Database Modeler, ETL Developer 8/27/2016
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Auto req ID
Database Modeler, ETL Developer
Firm - Philadelphia
Morgan Lewis is a large law firm with 29 offices. If your objective is to work for an organization that utilizes state-of-the-art technology in a collaborative work environment where team members support and assist one another, then Morgan Lewis deserves your consideration. We are proud of our reputation for IT excellence and ability to deliver business-oriented results. We look to attract the best of the best IT professionals as we are able to provide a dynamic place to work, personal satisfaction, and a supportive and collegial work environment.
Morgan Lewis is currently seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer in our Enterprise Database Services area of its firm-wide Information Technology Department. The Business Intelligence Engineer will work with BI Architects, Data Architect, Data Warehouse developers as a team responsible for implementing Business Intelligence solutions including developing BI dashboards, ETL processes. This Business Intelligence professional needs to have a strong background in translating business needs into analytic and reporting requirements, analyzing technical requirements and coming up with detailed solutions to achieve those outcomes, designing and implementing data models and ETL. Expertise in the Microsoft BI stacks such as SSRS SSIS SSAS and SQL Server 2008/2012, Tableau and SharePoint environment.
This job requires a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university in Information Systems or related field or commensurate experience. Microsoft Certifications are a plus.
Other qualifications include:
* Designing, developing, and implementing Business Intelligence Solutions
* OLAP Modeling, Development, and Implementation
* Enterprise Reporting & Dashboard Development
* SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012
* Extensive knowledge of complex SQL composition and troubleshooting
* Creation and maintenance of SQL objects such as triggers, stored procedures, indexes, scripts, etc.
* Knowledge of concepts related to design, implementation and maintenance of data warehouses
* SQL Server Integration Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services
* Functional Specification &Technical Documentation Composition
* Business Requirements Gathering
* Willingness and ability to learn and support third party technologies and products as required by the Firm
* Willingness and ability to learn the business aspects of the Firm's Practices and the impact of technology to established and future processes
* Committed to the development, implementation, and improvement of the technology services which are part of the Firm's technology infrastructure
* Demonstrated experience and ability to learn and support new technologies and products dictated by firm business requirements
* Flexible work schedule to account for scheduled maintenance events and/or off hour issue resolution
* Excellent communication skills with a positive service-oriented demeanor
* Strong analytical, time management, organizational and hands-on problem solving skills
* Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented IT environment
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
* Results-oriented and a demonstrated ability to work independently
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.