Database Server Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SR. DATABASE ENGINEER - DATA PLATFORM AND SERVICES CLOUD
Are you a database expert, passionate about building database technology that supports relentless growth and innovation*
Join the team that is building the database of the cloud. We are looking for experienced Database Engineers with a strong database internals background to work in a team responsible for architecting, developing and testing the next generation of database systems. You will join a team of world class, highly motivated software engineers and database experts to deliver high quality software architecture with the scalability and performance needed to match the staggering growth of our service.
You will need expertise with database internals, exceptional software engineering skills, proficiency with agile development methodologies, and the ability to operate within short release cycles. You must have a proven track record of success in a Development role where you demonstrated end to end ownership of architecture, design, implementation, testing, and product support.
* Assist in designing, developing and expanding the core database system
* Participate in product and feature design with architects, developers, quality engineers, and product owners
* Implement comprehensive functional and system-test for your area of responsibility and for overall database quality
* Debug, conduct root cause analysis, diagnose defect
* Actively participate in release and deployment process
* BS or higher degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
* 7+ years industry experience in database internals programming
* Deep expertise in software development and quality engineering
* Innovator with good ideas, strong problem solving and communication skills, and a results oriented attitude
* Ability to learn quickly and deliver high quality code in a fast-paced, dynamic agile team environment
* Strong Java or C development skills
* Experience with database replication, transaction management, DR and HA
* PostgreSQL software development experience and community involvement as a contributor would be a huge plus
* Experience building a high-performance large-scale database platform
* Experience with agile software development, and short release cycles
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.