Database Specialist, Senior
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
8 am - 5 pm
Enterprise Systems Support; SAS/Tableau/Data warehouse
As a Database Admnistator, suppor the Sr. DBA and perform the following duties:
* Responsible for ensuring services are delivered effectively and efficiently, to include restoring service interruptions, fulfilling user requests, resolving service failures, troubleshooting and fixing problems, as well as carrying out routine operational and maintenance tasks.
* Provide database administration, maintenance, and optimization support for AWS (or future cloud provider) MySQL instances.
* Provide occasional support of Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases. Operate, maintain, and administer database servers, hardware, and software in support of application systems; troubleshoot issues with existing or developed systems; work with the appropriate resources to resolve them; and develop database interfaces to Agency databases.
* Provide database administrative support to SAMHSA systems.
* Evaluate the existing Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and any other identified software to determine its ability to continue to support client requirements and provide recommendations.
* Document a strategy, develop a plan, and implement and maintain a more robust database-managed environment, in line with industry best practices.
* Windows and Unux-based MS SOL, MySQL,Oracle databases
* Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Golden Gate, other Oracle tools and management suites
* Code developed with SOL, ASP,.NET, VB,and JAVA scripts
* SAS/Tableau/Data warehouse
Education: Bachelor's degree and 5 years related experience. ITILv3 Foundations Certification
Telesis maintains a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants in every facet of the company s operations. In compliance with federal and state laws, Telesis hires, trains, and promotes all qualified employees without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, and any other legally protected status