Datacenter Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: DATACENTER NETWORK ENGINEER - DIRECT HIRE / FULLTIME / PERM
JOB LOCATION: PRINEVILLE, OR
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
US CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR H1B CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME."
Maintain the fleet of network devices, circuits to and between data centers and POP sites. Maintaining the fleet requires to monitor, react, respond, troubleshoot, and fix the alerts, alarms, and issues in various network devices and circuits including but not limited to Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Client, Force10switches and routers. It requires regular interaction with ISPs and . With the huge number of devices customer in data centers, over time fans, power supplies, optics, cables and sometimes whole devices fail. ENS DC Team job is to identify what pieces and parts have failed, and then fix or replace those parts to ensure the network devices run optimally and redundantly. Another piece of maintaining the fleet is troubleshooting links between network devices. Many types of errors can occur on a link and it's our job to identify if there is an issue, then troubleshoot the issue to find the root cause, fix the issue, document what we have fixed and make sure asset databases are updated.
* Install, configure and support large-scale production and corporate networkinfrastructure including routers, switches, console servers and optical transport equipment.
* Troubleshoot network hardware and software, working with 3rd party hardware vendors and suppliers on root cause analysis and resolution.
* Troubleshoot and repair local and long haul circuits, working with both internal resources and 3rd party vendors to isolate and resolve cabling issues.
* Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed while limiting the impact on the production network
* Use internal software, tools, and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair network equipment
* Perform queue management for alarms, tasks, and incidents and participate in ongoing deployment projects
* Troubleshootingnetwork link/device/configuration issues, isolating the problem, fixing the problem
* Creating new RMA requests through OEM vendors for both replacement devices, as well as obtaining technical assistance when troubleshooting devices.
* Verify capacity, draining traffic, suppressing alarms before replacing; optics, line cards, sup cards.
* Tracking, maintaining and updating asset inventory of defective and replacement parts.
* Troubleshoot, tracing , looping links to locate the physical issue.
* The ideal candidate will have 7+ years' experience in networks installation, configuration and support.
* Experience with Cisco Nexus/ASR, Arista and Juniper Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures including data center switching platforms.
* Strong working knowledge of routing and switching technologies and protocols
* Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure
* Strong working knowledge of Linux OS and CLI navigation