This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
To start, you ll be surrounded by smart, innovative, caring people invested in our customers and the community. If you re looking to share your unique perspective and ideas at a collaborative table and help equip all kinds of businesses achieve their visions, check us out.
This position is for a Mid-level datacenter technician in the operations group. The employee will have work assignments on PC server hardware maintenance, network hardware deployments, asset management, infrastructure build out, datacenter maintenance, tape backup management, and overall datacenter process improvements.
* Receive/ship data center equipment.
* Rack and install datacenter equipment.
* Maintain asset inventory.
* Troubleshoot, repair, and RMA failed datacenter hardware.
* Be accessible via pager and/or cell phone.
* Participate in training that aligns with corporate objectives to bridge skill gaps and learn new relevant technologies.
* Excellent knowledge of server hardware preferably HP Proliant servers.
* Experience working in a datacenter environment.
* Excellent time management skill.
* Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
* Strong interest in learning.
* Process oriented.
* Must be able to lift 70 lbs.
Must Have Skills:
* 2+ years (minimum) troubleshooting PC hardware (memory, storage, SCSII, network, motherboards).
* 2+ years experience in with datacenter maintenance.
* Cabling experience (Ethernet, Fiberchannel, cable management).
* Electrical systems experience.
* Good Documentation and communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize
Nice to Have Skills:
* Basic networking knowledge.
* Compaq / HP Hardware experience (Proliant), preferably with Linux