Day I Specialist- Farrowing 8/30/2016
Clemens Food Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
At Country View Family Farms, we are a family owned company with relationships throughout the state of Pennsylvania and its neighboring states. We pride ourselves in raising healthy pigs to make quality pork for our families and yours. Spend some time on our site getting to know our company and how we provide safe, wholesome food for our friends and neighbors every day.
Country View Family Farms a subsidiary of Clemens Food Group.
The Day 1 Specialist will attend the majority of sows farrowing.
* Work alternative schedule to accommodate the due dates of sows. In most cases, the schedule will be from Thursday through Sunday and like will include 12 hour days. Schedules will vary from farm to farm.
* Attend 90% of sows farrowed.
* Assist sows as needed to minimize still births.
* Drying piglets as they are born, banding and clipping umbilical cords
* Managing piglet movements to ensure proper colostrum intake and to determine load limits on sows according to their teat count.
* Writing litters up
* Euthanizing low viable piglets
* Processing piglets
* Feeding sows
* Scraping crates and cleaning up afterbirth
* Adjusting heat lamps to ensure proper temps for piglets
* Close communication with farrowing lead.
Must have good observation skills.
Must be able to understand animal behaviors
Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, and make decisions
Must be able to tolerate and willing to learn and perform the following tasks: euthanasia, castration, vaccinations, piglet processing, ear tagging, tattooing, and other procedures normal to animal husbandry
Must be able to tolerate blood, animal dander, manure, dust, odors, and frequently noisy conditions
This position requires one who is multi-task oriented and a team player
Must be able to work in a stressful environment
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Additional BenefitsFull service, 24/7, gym on site in our Hatfield, PA office location. Gym includes full-size basketball court, weight and exercise machines, fitness instructors and classes throughout the day.
Onsite cafeteria and company store for purchases at a discounted price.
Wellness Program with activities through the year to promote physical and mental well-being.
Annual Company picnic and celebration events for Team Member recognition.
Discounts with area businesses.