Maintenance Technician 9/8/2016
West Columbia, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Under minimal supervision, but following established policies, procedures and applicable building codes/regulations; performs a wide variety of general maintenance functions (both indoor and outdoor). Functions include production floor coverage, day-off relief duties and other maintenance work mechanical, electrical, welding, plumbing repairs and installations with emphasis on Safety, Sanitation and Quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Performs timely maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of processing, packaging and utility equipment. Processing equipment: Wirecut machine, Batter pump, Depositor, Peerless/Sancassiano Mixers, etc. Packaging equipment: Triangle Scaling/Baggers, Roller/Belt Conveyors, Wrappers, Bag Inserters, Case Erectors, Case Sealers, Palletizers, etc.
* Monitors and ensures that the equipment are in excellent condition for operation
* Performs Preventive and Corrective Maintenance on the equipment while closing out Food Safety Audit items
* Generates Work Requests and Work Orders using SAP system
* Utilizes computer skills for Maintenance Shift Reports and e-mail communications
* Performs maintenance and repair of Silos, Facilities, HVAC, Ammonia refrigeration system, and utility equipment
* Performs welding and fabrication functions as needed
* Follows GMP, Safety and Food Safety policies and procedures
* Operates general machinery and tools including saws, drills, power tools, scissor lifts, forklifts, etc
* Completes work order assignments, initiates new work orders and closes out activites upon completion using SAP system
* Confers with other supervisors to coordinate inter-department activities
* Studies production schedules and estimates activity hour requirements for completion of job assignments
* Maintains and repair/replace HVAC systems and components such as fans, motors, air compressors, etc. under moderate supervision
* Coordinates activities with maintenance team, parts clerk, vendors or suppliers to obtain part information, quotes and execute projects. Escorts contractors while in the bakery facility on scheduled visits
* Performs routine checks on utility equipment, lightings, alarm systems, doors & bioreaders (at access points), sprinkler system and freezers. Replaces light bulbs and promptly resolve issues discovered as needed
* Assists other departments with Maintenance for Sanitation cleaning, building upkeep including moving furniture and loading/unloading supplies
* Relief duties as needed in Maintenance department
Performs other duties as assigned or required
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
* Able to handle multiple tasks with capability of prioritizing and planning work activities.
* Computer literate.
* Schematics, written and verbal communication skills
* High school diploma
* Food manufacturing experience
* PLC knowledge
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions, and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
* While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a manufacturing, warehouse and walk-in freezer environment where temperatures can vary from extreme cold to very warm.
* The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud.
typical Work Schedule: 5 day
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.