Day Off Relief 8/25/2016
West Columbia, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
The Day Off Relief is expected to comply with Safe Operating Procedures and standards, to maintain their work areas and equipment in a clean, safe, and efficient operating condition, to train and cross train in all positions, areas or functions that support the manufacturing process, to assume a leadership role in their area of responsibility and to proactively support all company needs.
* Know, understand, and follow safe operating procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
* Insures all product Quality Standards are met
* Maintains clean & sanitary work areas, machinery, and equipment
* Perform all tasks and duties required to insure production and efficiency standards are met
* Makes all necessary machinery & equipment adjustments and performs all tasks & duties necessary for efficient start-ups, daily operations, change-overs and shutdowns
* Troubleshoots, identifies, and solves process, machinery, and equipment problems within the scope of operator responsibility
* Accurately communicates safety, quality, production, maintenance and sanitation issues to supervision and/ore the appropriate department personnel.
* Performs all operator preventative maintenance (P.M. S)
* Maintains all production/maintenance/quality records and reports as required.
* Communicates with supervisions and co-workers all information relevant to the manufacturing process.
* Insures the proper set-up for the next shift and communicates to them all the information relevant to the manufacturing process.
* Performs on the job training of new Operators and assists in other training activities which support the manufacturing process
An ability to read operational manuals and complete written forms. (In English)
* A working knowledge of basic weights and measures used in the batching process.
* A mechanical ability that makes possible the identifying and solving of mechanical and process problems.
* Good communication skills. (In English)
* High school diploma or GED Required
* Occasional climbing of stairs is required
* Frequent pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, and reaching is required
* Wet floor conditions occasionally exist
* Able to lift 50 LB.
* Able to stand for extended period of time, or to work above ground level (on ladders, on silos or similar structures) or under extreme cold condition in coolers and freezers
40-50 hours per week 1 opening on each shift.
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.