- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Dealer Sales Manager
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Southern States Sales Representative in an assigned geographic territory to Independent Market accounts; Private and Commercial Dealers. Responsible for the current and the development of new distribution within the assigned territory.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Wholesale volume. Meet or exceed the annual assigned goal for all products and services distributed by Southern States.
2. Provide leadership and direction to their assigned dealers.
3. Business development within an assigned territory.
4. Work directly with District Manager, Agronomist, Feed Sales and Tech Reps. and other associates to develop and/or increase business within their assigned territory.
5. Market Intelligence information communicated to merchandising departments.
6. Handles Institutional programs with assigned accounts. Handles the promotion of sales and marketing programs.
7. Coordinates communication and involvement of all Southern States departments with an objective to build business.
8. Handles Southern States business related issues with accounts; debits, credits, complaints, billing errors, etc.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
BS Degree, preferably in Agriculture or Business Administration, or equivalent work experience. Work skills in the area of supervision, communications, and administrations required. Southern States product and program knowledge required. Diversified Southern States retail work experience very helpful. Ability to travel.
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.
Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 50 pounds. Vision, hearing and speech essential. Hand coordination to use computer. May require a valid drivers license. While traveling may have contact with hazardous materials and drive/travel and work in adverse weather conditions.